Thursday, August 7, 2008


I love my Quilting Arts 2008 calendar, especially August, because I get to see the winning August block that was made by Nancy. The challenge, "A Novel Idea", was to show in stitch, fabric, and embellishment how a favorite work of fiction inspired them, influenced their life, changed them, made them laugh, or brought them joy.

Nancy chose the book Under the Tuscan Sun. She says "This book is inspirational in showing that life can be full of second chances. It is about living life with passion and splendor, and the story has shown me ways to stretch my own wings, breaking from traditional quilting techniques to experiment with new avenues of embellishment." I think you will agree with me that the block truly is a winner. I'm going to find it hard to flip to September.

Keep stretching those wings Nancy! We'd like to see more.
Lynda

No comments: