Friday, March 9, 2012

My Alphabet Quilt Blog of the Month

One of my favorite patterns is Amy Bradley's My Alphabet Quilt.



Amy's daughter Ashley Heryer, wrote the story for her daughter, and Amy illustrated it with quilt blocks. I am going to present it as a Blog of the Month like I did with Amy's Happy Halloween pattern. (I started the Blog earlier, but I let if fall off. After receiving several requests, I am reviving it. I am reposting the first two months and for those who have already started, I will be posting the third month shortly.)


It will be an 8 month program. Each month, for seven months I will present 4 blocks and give you hints, techniques, and notions that will help you complete the alphabet blocks and then month 8 will be set aside for borders, quilting, and binding. To get a general idea of how it works, click on the Happy Halloween icon on the sidebar.


Here is a close-up of block B.




I'd love for you to join me!



Happy Stitching,

Lynda

No comments: