Thursday, May 1, 2008

80 degrees Wednesday, snow Thursday!!

Merry Christmas to everyone! Just kidding, but in case you haven’t heard we had a snow storm here in Denver today (after the 82 degree high yesterday!). You would think that by May 1st we would be having spring weather, but not Colorado! Several years ago, on June 5th, we celebrated my daughter’s graduation from high school and her birthday, all of which occurred on the same day. Our back yard was where we hosted the party. However, even as late at June 5th, our backyard was turned into a complete snowfield! So go figure, I guess that unpredictability keeps us all young.

We had a wonderful tour bus of ladies (and one gentleman) join us today. The group was with Heritage Tours and the participants were from all over the world. We had such a great time! Some of the ladies had been to Chicago for Quilt Festival, traveled to Paducah for the AQS show, and now were in Colorado to visit shops and go to the Mancuso Show. I always feel such pride from all of the nice compliments we receive, and it’s so fun to sign books and visiting with these groups—we are just so lucky.

Lynda spent the day at the Mancuso show, (which is being held at the Denver Merchandise Mart). It is close to her house and she was so glad to not have to drive into the store in this snowy weather. I have signed up for a class tomorrow, so I will get to see the show after I take my class. The supply list for my class is very extensive, so I will be heading home after work to get everything ready. The class is designed so that we can learn lots of new embellishment techniques. I hope that when I’m done I have lots of exciting things to share with you!

Stay warm and go put a pot of soup on. Then give me a call and tell me what time dinner is! Have a great weekend.

Nancy

No comments: