Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Sharing your love of sewing

I'm off for a few days to go on a family whitewater raft trip in Westwater Canyon, Utah--my first and possibly last raft trip. I'm excited and a little nervous. The Colorado River is running high and two of the rapids are named "Sock it to me" and "Last Chance". Yikes! My biggest concern though, is what to do with my hair? I wash, blow dry and curl my hair everyday and I don't look good in hats. I guess it's a good thing that they don't recommend bringing cameras so there shouldn't be any evidence of my bad hair days.

Summer is such a good time to share your love of sewing and quilting with others. If you have the good fortune to teach a kid to sew, be sure to check out these two books that we have written. I am so proud of these books. They are filled with fun and games and a unique method for teaching beginners. The Best of Sewing Machine Fun for Kids is aimed at true beginning sewers and is filled with lots of projects. Click on the link below to see some of the projects. http://greatamericanquilt.com/store/bestofsewingmachinefun.html



Sewing Fun for Kids teaches patchwork and is filled with great gifts for kids to make. Kids learn to stitch an accurate 1/4" and make several patchwork projects. Click on the link to see what they can make. http://greatamericanquilt.com/store/sewingfunkidspatch.html



I hope you enjoy sharing your love of sewing as much as I do.

Whitewater Lynda


No comments: